Thursday, May 12, 2022

Thursday, May 12th, 2022

The swimming conditions were beautiful this morning. Avila was 52° at 7:45. It was clear, the water was glassy and flat in places with just some ripples. The water temperature was up from Tuesday's 49° to 50° (I didn't feel the difference) and it was very clear. Tom thought it felt like 51°. Good for him and his positive thinking. My hands and feet were cold the whole time which is a 50 degrees or less thing for me.    

I swam one of many possible variations of out to the end of the Cal Poly Pier and back. I didn't find any changes in the water temperature but there was a small pushy ripple on the water I had to swim against going out along the pier. Going back in was easier but I didn't feel like I was getting the same amount of help that I earned on the way out.

I pushed the whole way and was ready to get our when I stood up.

I'll be back at 8 on Saturday. I'm not expecting much of a bump up in the water temperature.

niel   

No comments: