Thursday, September 16, 2021

Thursday, September 16th, 2021

It Was A Hint - 

At 8:30 everything at Avila was typical of another summer morning except the water temperature was down to 58°.  It is dark in the morning when I get up and there is Halloween candy in the stores so I am going to have to accept that we are sliding out of summer and the water temperature will be trending down.  If I'd had my winter wetsuit with me I would have caved and worn it today but I just had my tri suit so some mental jujitsu was required. The lower water temp. pushed me and I had a great swim. I was colder but I pushed harder and did my hour with no stops. I was colder but I didn't get too cold. This is what last winter was like but with my 3.5/4.5 wetsuit and 50 degree water. 
I saw Duke at 8:30 as he was getting in and I was just starting to suit up. He did his U-Burner and I didn't see him in the water. When I was heading to the showers there were three swimmers heading east along the buoy line, two on the east side of the pier and a solo swimmer on the west side. Tom finished up his swim along the buoys on the west side so I'm guessing that was him.  I've no idea who the other two were.    

I'll be getting in at 8 on Saturday and Duke and I will swim at 11 on Sunday. Company is always welcome.


niel

No comments: