Thursday, September 30, 2021

Thursday, September 30th, 2021

Here is photographic proof of a Rob Dumouchel sighting this morning at Avila Beach. Freed from the bonds of the Alaskan per-winter Rob was looking totally local in his rental convertible. There was time for a too brief visit before Duke and I had to be responsible and head to work. Rob may make it back for some additional beach immersion on Saturday morning before leaving for a conference in Portland, OR on Sunday and then back to Homer, AK where he portrays a responsible city manager.     



Niel, Duke and Tom swam this morning along with a couple of other unidentified swimmers. The big event of the day was the 56° water temperature. Yeikes, I was glad that I had thrown both of my wetsuits in the car and had my winter season suit to wear. The water was nice and blue and clear, the surf was still up with a south swell and 3 to 4 footers. I could feel the swell pushing towards shore way out along the CP Pier. Duke did his U-Burner, I wandered around and over to the CP Pier and Tom got in about 9 and did his own swim.       


Looking east at the Avila Pier from the third crossbars on the CP Pier.

Saturday morning at 8 it will probably be Leslie, Niel, Jodi, Tiki and Stephanie, and whoever else cares to join us.   


niel 



No comments: